Thursday, May 21, 2009

A new chapter of my life


Today I turn 30 years old. I always told myself when I turned 30, I would really consider myself an adult. Responsible. Mature. Independent. But the truth is, I've been all of those things for a long time. Turning 30 has felt very overwhelming to me...it still does. Many have told me the 30's are great, and I believe them. But I just don't feel ready yet!! Maybe it's because I have two children now and I am seeing time fly before my very eyes and I can't do anything to slow it down or stop it. Maybe it's because I always feel like there are never enough hours in the day. Maybe it's because I look back at the last 30 years of my life and I feel like even though I have accomplished an amazing amount, I feel as if I have so much more to do now. Despite my apprehension, I know that the next decade of my life will be beautiful. There is so much goodness to look forward to.

4 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Great post....so true!

Briana said...

Amen to that! Happy Birthday again!

AndreaLea said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I can relate to how you are feeling. I turn 30 in September and am completely overwhelmed by the thought of it!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!