Monday, May 11, 2009

Being a Mother...


These are my favorite stanzas/lines from a poem I'm sure many have heard called, "Before I was a Mom"

Before I was a Mom
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to
put them down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I
couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so
much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so
important and happy.




In a nutshell:

Motherhood has morphed me into a better person...a crazier person who sometimes feels like I'm losing my mind...with more patience than I ever thought possible, and it has caused my heart to grow and love immensely.

Thank you B & B for a wonderful Mother's Day. I am so blessed to have two amazing, beautiful, and loving children.

No comments: