Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Don't have much

except I'm exhausted. work is crazy. i don't like my teaching schedule this year very much, which puts me in a bad mood by the time the school day is over. most of my kids are great....it's just i hate what i'm teaching this year. i feel like i am not getting anything done with only 55 minutes with my students.

bad idea #1: they broke apart our LA and SS cores.
bad idea #2: they broke apart the HONORS LA/SS core so I teach 1st period Honors LA and 3rd period honors SS. I do not have the same kids in both classes

bad idea #3: i teach 2 singleton classes back-to-back 5th and 6th periods.

bad idea #4: i have a 5th period class that has 14 boys and 4 girls. half of that class is special ed with IEP's and yet, I have no para support.

bad idea #5: tell me how i can have 18 in one class and then 26 in the next?

seriously, what is up with public education? the no child left behind shit is a joke, too. how can one teacher help so many students who are so low? i am continuing to question when things will change, not just in our school, but everywhere. plus, the fact that certain folks at our school thought singleton classes were the way to go...ughh. what a joke. can someone wake me up and tell me it was all a bad dream and i get my core classes back? please?

I want the same kids for 2 hours again. please. please. please.

hopefully this year will go fast and next year we can get our schedule changed back...b/c i want to be happy again and look forward to each day at work instead of feel overwhelmed and cranky b/f it even begins.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, maybe this failure is all they need to realize they should listen to your input more and stop trying to fix what isn't broken!

Briana said...

Ugh, what an utter disaster that sounds like! Hope they get it straight for next year.