Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today I am sad

I am sad because today I found out one of my students could be homeless.

I'm sad because one of my students can't see--she's blind and her parents won't buy her a new pair of glasses b/c she lost the last pair. She can't see ANYTHING unless it's close to her face.

But you know what the saddest thing is? Yesterday, one of my friends and colleagues had to say goodbye to her first child, her baby daughter, who was just 5 weeks old. They chose to give Caroline peace and let her go to be with God. And my heart just hurts for her and her husband. Sometimes I just don't understand why things like this have to happen to really good people. It just doesn't seem fair.

5 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Oh, poor Sarah!

Megan said...

Oh Fitz, I'm so sorry! That is just heart breaking!!! I can not even imagine, esp the last one!

Briana said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot even imagine!

Samantha said...

Sarah, there never seems to be the right words to say when something like that happens. My heart aches for your friends, what a devistating loss. It makes me have to believe that even at 5 weeks, god has a plan for their little one, as unfair as that seems.

Unknown said...

When it rains, it pours. I'm so very sorry for your students and those that are grieving.