Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School Starts Tomorrow



School is here! We start tomorrow morning. I am never "ready" for the kids to come but once they start arriving, and as the days start to fly by, it starts to click about week 2. My room is ready, all of my copies are made, and the posters that need to be up are on the walls. I should be ready. But I'm not. I think it's because now that I have been in meetings for the past week and a half, and then coming home and being with the kids, I realize how much I miss being with them and all of our days we spent together. Yes, some of those summer days were crazy, and yes, sometimes I wished I was working right then and there, but now that work is here, I don't want to go. It's not that I don't love my job...I do. It's not that I don't love the kids...I do. It's just getting back in the groove that's always the most difficult.

B & B are doing well and enjoying being at "school" with their friends. I think Baylen is definitely one of the biggest babies in the baby room and he's starting to like his baby food again the past couple of days. He has agreed to eat applesauce and sweet potatoes. Hopefully he has decided to end his baby food eating strike.

Brynn is getting excited for her birthday and talks about it quite often. Sept. 14 will be here before we know it. She is almost done with the pacifier...we're down to bed and that's it, which is a long way from where we were in March.

5 comments:

Briana said...

The first couple weeks are always the most difficult.

Hope school goes well for you this year and that you have good students!

Megan said...

I hope you had a good first day! Gosh, the summer went soooo fast! The pics of the kiddos are cute. Baylen is getting so big! Lydia's big girl car seats arrived today so we will be transitioning out of the infant seat soon. Makes me sad!

Samantha said...

You are right, Henry and Baylen have the same shirt! Henry has almost outgrown his. i love that shirt! It makes me sad they are getting so big so fast. It's just no fair.

Anonymous said...

Look at my chunky monkey!!! the kiddos are growing up!!!! i miss them like CRAZY!! hope your first day was stress free and you have another good bunch of students!!! ps i need bee's size's so i can get a bday gift!!! miss you and love you!!!!

love
Mary

Samantha said...

I think they have the same car seat in different colors too! Crazy