Sunday, September 7, 2008

Yes We're Here!


I know it's been a bit of a sporadic posting week due to adjusting to our new schedule and me returning back to school. Talk about an adjustment. I didn't think it would be this hard physically to go back to school, but I am just exhausted most days when I come home. I think it is going to take a few weeks to get back into not feeling this way, but for now, I feel sleepy all the time! I am still not sold on my schedule this year. I don't like it. I wish I still had 1st period planning. I wish I still taught two hour cores that were in a row. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way in my department. What frustrates me is we tried to get this changed back to 2 hour cores at the end of last year, but they told us it was not possible to change anything b/c they were near 100% in scheduling kids. But then, we get to school this week and kids are moving in and out of classes in mass amounts. It was nowhere near 100%...to me, that is just so frustrating...well, really, all of our dept. is frustrated right now. I just feel like my room is a revovling door now instead of a place where I can really teach kids and really get to know them. IT makes me sad more than anything.

We went to Nate and Halle's wedding yesterday at Tracy Castle, which is technically not a castle, BUT, it's a beautiful, big house and everything was outside--ceremony and reception. It was a beautiful wedding and we had fun seeing all of Dj's cousins, aunts and uncles. The food was great and Halle and her dad rode in a horse-drawn carriage before he walked her down the aisle. It was so neat! Despite the lack of choice at the open bar, I was pleased to find some very tasty champagne towards the end of the night, which I eagerly consumed. I think I'm feeling the effects of that today, however. OOPS! I have a few pics from the wedding, but Dj will put most of them up on our Gallery when he can get around to it. My iPhoto has been acting up today, so don't know what that is about--hopefully the pics will post okay. (BTW: Nathan is Dj's cousin and he was a groomsmen in our wedding. He is a police officer and Halle is a pharmacist. They are such a cute couple.)





No comments: