Thursday, August 14, 2008

5 Months Old



Baylen turned 5 months old yesterday. I know everyone says this, but man, our kids grow up way too fast. Brynna will be turning 2 next month and I cannot wrap my mind around that fact, yet either.

Mister has been quite the boy since he arrived back in March. Here are some (mostly) fun things he's been doing lately:

-holding his own bottle
-rolling over everywhere, including in his Pack n Play
-trying to sit up on his own
-laughing hysterically when mom or dad try to "eat" his fingers
-laughs when he's tickled
-tries to pull Brynna's hair ANY chance he gets...seriously and it's so funny, although Bee doesn't think so
-enjoys his saucer
-starting to dislike his swing...he's figured out when all else fails, I put him in there to try and go to sleep
-screams at the top of his lungs OFTEN when he cries, which seems to be OFTEN these days--this is ear piercing (I feel sorry for our neighbors at times, esp. at 3 in the morning)
-I think his 2 bottom teeth are working their way through
-sucks on his fingers/hands constantly
-still enjoys his pacifier
-loves to play with his feet/eat his feet
-enjoys chewing on cold washcloths
-wears 3-6 mo. clothes, 6 mo. clothes and some 6-9 and 6-12 mo. clothes, depending on brand
-still not a great sleeper at night
-takes anywhere from 4-8 oz. of milk
-when he drinks a bottle with formula in it, he drinks it SOOOO slowwwwww....he doesn't really like taking a bottle from mom
-is eating some rice cereal
-is starting to get hair!!!
-his eczema is starting to go away on his head/scalp, thankfully!
-is a strong little guy....very strong
-I can tell he is going to be one stubborn little guy....

He's been really fussy lately, and I'm hoping it's just a short-lived phase. It's definitely been a little frustrating for me, esp, if he has been crying all day long. I feel bad for Brynn when that happens. But, despite his grumpy times, when he's happy, he's so much fun and such a little sweetie. I just can't get over how freaking cute he is! :)

**Oh and I did take little B to the chiro with me yesterday and he's going to go tomorrow with me as well. Turns out, one of the vertebrae in his back is slightly out of place, so Dr. is going to try and help ease it back into place to see if it makes any difference. Let's hope it helps Mister sleep betta!!!!

4 comments:

Briana said...

5 months already. Boy that went fast! He sounds like he's doing well (despite the whole not sleeping well thing!) I had to laugh because Olive just doubles over in laughter when we pretend to eat her feet!

Samantha said...

I hope the chiro sessions help. Birth puts a lot of stress on our bodies and our baby's body so it just may do the trick to making him less fussy.

Unknown said...

I hope it helps!

Anonymous said...

He really is getting so big. Holy moly!!! That is so crazy how they found out about Baylen's back. Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but it would never have even crossed my mind to take London to the chiropractor. I hope that does the trick so you can all get some more sleep. Also, I had been meaning to ask where you get the Fenugreek. My doctor said I could get it over the counter at any old place, so far I've had a hard time finding it.