Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mister Porkchop and Princess Peanut



Lots of random things to write about today:


Mister Baylen Boo is quite the star at our house right now, because he is doing so well sleeping on his back. Last night, he didn't want to sleep in his carseat at all. REPEAT: he wanted nothing to do with his carseat. :O) He went down about 10 and up at 3:30. He didn't really want to eat and really I think just woke up b/c he had a full diaper. An hour of messing around later, he finally went back down to sleep on his back and was still sleeping when I went in this morning at 8 to check on him. I had to wake him up at 9!

One thing that is very scary though about this sleeping in the pack-n-play..when I went to check on him at 8, he was sleeping on his tummy. That little smartie rolled over and was sleeping soundly. It SCARES me to death that he has figured out how to roll over and sleep that way, just because SIDS scares the hell out of me. I know I am going to have to go check on him several times in the night now just to make sure he's okay...he can lift his head up really well and he's really strong, but still, I don't like it!!!

Brynn loves her new teacher and her new teacher LOVES her. She is one of two girls in the class, and the rest are BOYS. Those boys are sure wild little things! Anyway, Miss Kathy loves Bee because she is so sweet, polite--says please and thank you, and because she listens. (I'm glad she listens to someone!) Brynn has finally mastered the art of jumping off the ground and there's actually air underneath her jump. It's just hilarious to watch. I did manage to record it, so I'll try to get it up later tonight if I have time.

Bee's birthday is fast approaching...Sept. 14 she'll be two years old already. It doesn't seem possible that in about three short weeks, we'll be celebrating. Dj and I have bought her a lot of little gifts this year, although part of me wishes we would have looked into getting like a slide or a sandbox or something like that...a bigger toy. But, I think she'll like the things we picked out for her. Dj really wanted to get her a Baby Alive baby doll, so after much thought, we chose the wets 'n' wiggles doll b/c the baby wets her diaper and it can be changed. We also bought her another set of Melissa and Doug cutting food, a couple of books, a cute little sweater dress with polka dots from Gymboree, and a Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See? puzzle.

I am thinking we'll do a Sesame Street theme and I liked Kati B's Elmo cupcakes she made for Tyler last year, so I think I'll make those for her daycare friends and the party at school. I just hope this year she isn't sick as a dog like she was last year. :(

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I learned a daycare lesson with the Elmo cupcakes - don't use a whole bottle of food coloring in the frosting to turn Elmo red - it stains!! One of the girls, her dad did the laundry that week and some of the frosting had gotten on her clothes and it turned THE ENTIRE load red! EEKS! I didn't realize that, so heads up :) (my daycare lady apparently already knew this so most of the smaller kids had their Elmo faces scraped off after they said hello to them)

At what age did B like the Melissa and Doug toys? I saw a store here (it's new) that sells a lot of these and I was thinking of getting them for Tyler for Christmas. He'll be about 19 months then.

Briana said...

Great job Baylen! You must feel great with all the uninterrupted sleep Sarah! I know what you mean about waking to find them on their bellies though. Freaks me out! Olive does that too every once in a while, but since she's still in the bassinet, she can't really do it too much anymore, there just isn't room. I'm sure once she's in her crib she'll do it all the time. She's usually a side sleeper, which I'm okay with.

I love Melissa and Doug stuff. They have great products and the kids love their stuff.