Monday, August 4, 2008

Your questions

What kind of personality traits of yours and DJ's do you hope to pass onto your children?

Well, I hope they are patient like Dj is b/c I lack in that department on a regular basis. Poor Brynn already has my quick and irrational temper. (yikes)
I hope they both get Dj's intelligence and common sense.
I hope they are outgoing, like to get involved, and are friendly like me.
I hope they are goal-oriented and hard workers like both of us.
I know this is not a personality trait, but I hope they are athletic like me, or even moreso. (NFL, watch out! haha) :)

Is there any place you would like to vacation with just DJ? What about as a family?

Dj and I have been to Hawaii, Cabo and to the Grand Cayman Islands sans kids. We have also been to Europe and Disney Land together. All of those trips were a lot of fun. So I think we've already been there.
As far as a family, I'd like to do what one of my friends from work/school did w/ her kids: visit EVERY single U.S. State together while growing up! I think that would be a blast!

What is your favorite type of shoe?
Ohhhh Sam....I LOVE shoes. I love Nike Shox and Jordan's (once I break them in); I love heels, but they must be pointy at the toe and have a small heel...I can't teach in super high heels, unfortunately. And I LOVE boots--Uggs, Leather/dressy, Furry, etc. I have quite a few pairs I wear to school with all sorts of different outfits!

My favorite question... what did you want to be when you grew up (circa age 8)?
In Kindergarten, I wanted to be a babysitter. :) Then, I wanted to be an Olympic Gymnast. I would practice the balance beam on pieces of wood out in our backyard and do cartwheels on the grass, and the "bars" on our monkey bar on our swingset. I was pretty good....NOT!

What is your favorite childhood memory?
ohhh this is a tough one...I have so many with my brothers and sisters. Probably when my grandparents, mom, dad, brother and sister (dan wasn't born yet) drove in a motor home from IA to Florida. We were gone for at least 2 weeks and we camped in many different states along the way. We took two different routes..one there and a different one home. We went to Disney World and MGM Studios, plus saw a lot of my g'ma's family. It was an awesome trip!

Favorite Christmas tradition?
My favorite xmas tradition is on Xmas Eve, my entire family goes to mass. We have soups and lots of yummy appetizers before and afterwards. We also play a lot of games afterwards. We open gifts from each other (siblings and in-laws) and gifts from my mom's extended side. It's always been something we have done and I have enjoyed it.

Favorite flavor popsicle?
I don't really like popsicles and never really have, but if I did eat one, it was red. I prefer fudgesicles!

Favorite trait of each of your children?
Brynna is so loving...she always hugs, says "I love you _____" and loves giving kisses. I love that about her.
Baylen is a total morning person. He smiles from ear-to-ear and kicks and just loves waking up. It makes for such a pleasant morning when he's so happy.

Were you named after anyone?
My first name: no. My middle name, yes: My G'ma Jacquie's middle name is Katheryn and my Great Grandma's first name was Katheryn and she went by Kate. I was often called "Sarah Kate" when I was younger esp. when I was in trouble!

How many children do you want to have?
I used to want 4 or 5. But with 2 now, I think I would like one more...but I'd like to plan for this one in like 4 years...I just can't accept that Baylen is my "last one" because he came so soon and unexpected, I just don't want to treat him like he's my last. I feel like I am not ready for that yet.

Do you have any plans of every moving closer to home?
I think I would move closer in a heartbeat. I wish my kids could be closer to their grandparents. A lot of my close friends are there....and I miss them! I also wish I could take my school and transplant it in the midwest...I really enjoy working and teaching there. Dj is fine being here. We did talk about the possibility of it happening when the kids are older. But, the job opps have to be there, too, obviously. Of course, I could find a job easily, but Dj would really have to be picky, I think. It would be nice to be able to afford a nice, big house with a big yard, though!

No comments: