Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary a little late!





I couldn't really post this when we were in Iowa b/c I didn't have any pics with me to post. So....Happy Belated Anniversary, honey! Five years ago on July 26, we were married. A week later, we were on our week long honeymoon to Honolulu, HI. Our wedding day was sooooooooo hot! The worst part? Afterwards when we got in our limos to ride 50 miles to Ames, we quickly discovered that the A/C was broken! All we had for air was a sunroof. Yikes...all of us were just dripping with sweat. It wouldn't ahve been so bad if we weren't getting pics at ISU campus BEFORE we went to the reception. ugh....It was NOT cool. The only thing that kept us going was that we had lots of ice cold beer to suck down! ha!

Our honeymoon was really busy, but wonderful. I love Hawaii...it's just so lovely there and it's like a totally different world. I am looking forward to going back one day. Dj and I promised each other we'd go back on our 5-year anniversary (to HI) regardless of how many kids we had. But, because we had the opp. to go to the Cayman Islands in January, we decided that was a pretty good way to celebrate 5 years together, and it was a wonderful trip too.

I love you, Dj! Happy 5 years...here's to spending many more wonderful years with you!

2 comments:

Briana said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!

Kevin and I would love to go to Hawaii someday. Of course I'll need to be sedated to ride on a plane for that long!

Unknown said...

Happy (late) anniversary!

I can't wait for us to take a family vaca to HI, I lived there when I was little and want to share that with Mike and Blake.