Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School

I have a lot of posts here today--3 already and who knows? I might get to more later. There are so many I need to catch up on from our Iowa Trip. I finally loaded all the videos and such and so now I will work on them little by little in iMovie and try to post a few.

Anyway, both kids had their first day of school today. (Well, Daycare, but we always refer to it as school). Brynna remembered instantly everyone and started saying, "Look, Nicky!" "Look, Jacob!" "Look, Colby!" and also saw quite a few of her favorite teachers from last year and the year before. We took her into her new classroom and immediately, the boys started circling around her and pulling at her pigtails and just kind of getting in her face a little bit. I think they were excited to have her back. She was trying to ignore them pulling at her, and had to push a couple of them away and out of her "space." Anyway, as soon as I left out the classroom door, she saw me and ran to the door and started sobbing calling "Mommy!!!!!" It was so heart wrenching. Of course, all I wanted to do was go running back in there and pick her up and tell her it was okay, but I know from experience that was not the right thing to do, b/c it would make it worse. Plus, I was going to be back to pick her up in 2 hours. Also, Brynna has to wear a bike helmet now when they go outside to play b/c they are playing on more cemented areas. While it scares me that she'll fall or get pushed down and get all scraped up, it does make me feel better they wear helmets for more protection. We bought a cute one at Target for her and she actually likes wearing it. She wanted to wear it to daycare this morning in the car!

Baylen's drop off next door went smoothly. He had a great time playing with all of the other babies and his teachers told me he did a great job and was a good baby. Let's hope he continues to be a good baby for them! He's such a sweetie when he's in a good mood. I am sure he had a lot to look at and there were babies crawling all over the place! :) It makes me happy to know he's one of the younger ones so he'll get a little more contact time b/c he's not so mobile yet. I was sad to leave him, but I know his teachers really well, and I know he'll be fine with both of them. It wasn't as hard as I thought, but then again, it was only for 2 hours...I was back in a short time to pick them up.

(Speaking of good baby, Mister had a good night of sleep--the BEST in a long time, I might add. He slept from 10-4:20 am and then from 5-8:40 a.m.) GOOD BOY! We fed him a 6 oz. bottle of formula (i have to save the bm for daycare) and then I nursed him about an hour later after his bath and he was out. NICEEEEEEEEE. Let's hope it continues. He only made it sleeping on his back in the PnP for about 1.5 hours, but did sleep in his carseat for rest of night. We'll get there on the sleeping on his back thing...step by step. He also loved his new bottles w/ a different nipple...adjusted VERY easily.)



1 comment:

Briana said...

Awww, so cute! Look at that backpack! It's huge on her. That's what the boys looked like last Fall when they started school.

Glad they both had a good day and thatt drop off wasn't too bad.