Tuesday, June 3, 2008

All is Well



This morning after Brynnie sat down to eat her Cheerios, I headed straight into the kitchen and walked over to talk directly to Susan, Brynn's daycare director. I explained to her that I was thinking Brynn was not ready for the transition into the Potty Training Room and that I felt better about just keeping her in the Monkey Room until she went home for the summer. She was totally fine with it, and she went back to her buddies today. She was in a much better mood today and I felt so much better about the entire situation. Phew!

I talked to one of her teachers as I was hanging up Brynn's coat/bag and I apologized for any misunderstandings about yesterday, b/c I felt like they probably were not prepared for her to just switch over without any warning, especially when I discovered she was over with the Camels all day when that is not what was supposed to happen. I told Sandy I was so sorry about everything and I was under the impression B. was only supposed to go over for a couple of hours and return. She said they were sad and unprepared for her exit and didn't want her to go! She also mentioned they were very upset and cried about it and then I started crying tell her that I felt so bad about the entire situation and how the cement play area scared me and I just realized she was not ready. I told her I wasn't ready either. Sandy grew all sappy on me too and agreed admitting, "We were not ready for our Brynna Bee to leave!"

Baby news:
Baylen is on a growth spurt/eating binge AGAIN. haha... He's nearing the 3 month mark, and as I am re-reading the book The First Year, it's a common occurrence for it to hit at 12 weeks. He was up at 2 this morning and again at 5:15. He has been such a good boy sleeping until at least 4-4:30 b/f waking up to eat for the first time. I knew it was back with a vengeance when he was making his little "Mom, I'm awake" sounds bright and early this a.m. He has been cooing up a storm lately, which has been fun. He dished out all sorts of gossip about Auntie Mary last night as I was sitting down next to him on the floor! LOL His little smile melts my heart!

To our surprise, it seems Brynn's speaking abilities have really increased as far as how many words she is saying at once. This girl is already a "Chatty Cathy." This weekend, she was stringing 4-5 words together to make little sentences. The funny part: many of them were phrases she hears us say to her or to Baylen. She had her baby sitting in her new little shopping cart and was leaning down in the baby's face saying, "good job, baby!" Other things I heard her say this weekend:

-Don't cry, baby
-mommy, sing a song
-where daddy went? hi daddy!
-mommy, hold baylen in boppy
-mommy, sing wheels on the bus
-potty on potty chair, mommy
-I love you, baby doll
-(singing) that's elmo's worrrrrrld! (she's been doing that one for awhile)
-baby get down! (we've been saying that phrase to her often lately)
-shhh go to sleep, baby
-I love you tooooo!
-Mommy's computer

Lately she has moved into this stage of wanting to climb on everything. She wants to climb on her stool constantly. She tries to climb or ride in her shopping cart. She was tryiing to sit in her baby's stroller this afternoon. She wants to sit in Baylen's Papsan/vibrating chair (it used to be hers). I feel like we are always telling her to stop doing something b/c we're afraid she is going to get hurt or break something....or both. She can now successfully climb up on the couch on her own without help, which she has been LOVING. But now she thinks once she's on the couch she can climb around on it, or walk on it, or jump around on it. Soooo not going to happen! The other thing she has been doing constantly: running EVERYWHERE. :)

And in size news: Baylen is in a 3-6 months and some size 6-months clothes already. Brynn is in 12-18, 18, and some 18-24 months stuff. Baylen can wear a size 1 and some size 2 shoes while Bee is just moving into shoes sized 4.5 and one pair of 5's.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Blake learned how to climb on the couch this past week too... when we're not looking he stands up and walks around and when we turn around he sits down really quickly with a HUGE grin on his face. It's so hard not to laugh when we're telling him he needs to stay sitting. Stinker!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Sounds like you have your hands full :) I love how Brynna chats up a storm, so cute!! I can't wait for Tyler to do that (although I know I will wish he didn't once he starts, hahaha).

Sounds like your daycare is in perfect shape now (and I don't blame you about the cement playground, yikes!)

Briana said...

Sounds like Brynna has great daycare providers who really love her! That's great!

Baylen is growing like a weed, huh? Olive is mostly in 3-6 but still a few 0-3, 6-9 fall right off her. She's short and skinny. (I know where her height comes from, but not her weight!) The only shoes she can wear are 0s. I have the cutest size 1 sandals and they fall right off.

Samantha said...

Henry is cannot fit into any of his 0-3 clothing and has 3M, 3-6M and some 6M clothing he is wearing. His feet are small though, he is still in 0-3 shoes. He also moved onto size 2 diapers! those size 1 diapers just couldn't handle the load! haha.

Megan said...

I think Lydi and Baylen must be on the same growth curve! She is totally in 6-12 months and even some stuff like from Children's Place is 12-18 month! So cute the Bee is all chatty! I can't wait to see all of you this summer!!! Oh and Lydi had her 4 month apt (few wks late) yesterday and she's 18.5 lbs!!!