Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm a cluster blogger, I know


I tend to cluster blog because there are days/times when I have time to actually type and times when I don't. Late at night seems to be the one time I can get some of them up and posted...so here's number three of the night. Tomorrow we are going to drive over to Mt. Rainier for the first time. In the 7 years Dj and I have lived here, we have never been there. We have talked about going TONS of times and then never ended up going. Thanks to a gentle push by Mary to do something fun, we are going! I am really looking forward to it and so are Dj and Mary. We're going to pack a picnic lunch and hopefully it won't be too cold up on the mountain.

On another note, we are also planning on going to the Renton Aquatic Center on Sunday. It's supposed to be 90 here and it will be hotter than shit in our house b/c no one around here invests in air conditioning b/c they claim it's unnecessary. Dj and I bought a floor a/c (Maytag) and it's the bomb.com! Love it! That thing has helped us survived many hot nights. we plug it in upstairs in our bedroom and let it run all night. It's so nice. Anyway, to keep cool and enjoy the sun a bit, we're going to the AC in Renton to see if it's any fun. They have a toddler area, water works area, a couple of water slides, a wave pool, and more. It looks like it would be really fun and I'm sure it will be busy. We might as well test it out!

Baylen is getting to be such a big boy. He is really talking and giggling quite often, which is so much fun! He loves to reach for toys and tries hard to hold onto them. He is even trying to hold onto a bottle when someone is feeding him. He is still spitting up so at his last appt., our Ped. upped his meds to 1.3 ml of Axid. It seems to be helping him but I'll know if it's really doing the trick in about another week or so. Bay also is dealing with some bad cradle "crap" as I call it on the sides of his little head. I've tried the baby oil thing, California baby products, taking a soft brush to it, using a comb with it, etc. and nothing is really helping it. I know babies grow out if it, but this is pretty scratchy-feeling c.c. Ped. told us to try shampoo 2x a week with T-Gel to see if that would help clear it up. We picked some up tonight at Target and I tried it for first time tonight when giving him a bath. I hope it helps his little scalp heal up! And finally, we went to eat at Olive Garden tonight and there was a couple who walked in with their little guy. By the size of him, I guessed he was like 1 month old but when I inquired, she told me he was nearly 11 weeks! Wow....then she looked at my guy and asked the same question...when i responded with "Three months and one week old," I think she about crapped her pants! "Yeah..he's our big boy" I responded and left it at that. That little baby was half the size of Baylen...no lie.

Brynna is definitely acting more and more like a 2-year-old all the time. She has been using the word "MINE" every chance she gets and claims that everything belongs to her. I don't know why I argue with her half the time, but I do and tell her certain things are not hers, particularly Baylen's things b/c she is having a hard time figuring out that he has toys and she has toys. She begged me to allow her to sit in the exersaucer the other night so I let her and she sat in that thing and played and spun around in it for like 10 minutes. I kept telling her it was for babies. I think she finally got the hint and then wanted out and put her baby dolls in it one by one so they could all take a turn playing in the exersaucer. She would play music or push on one of the toys for each baby and talk to her dolls just like she sees me talk to Baylen. She'll check her babies diapers and then say, "Nope...no poopies!" She says things like, "it's okay baby, don't cry." Or, "I love you baby...I miss you baby." She also says, "Baby, want to go shopping? okay!" and she'll put her baby in a shopping cart or in the stroller and they are off shopping. Funny what these kids pick up, isn't it?!

2 comments:

Briana said...

Is the cradle cap in his hair, or more on his skin? Logan and Quinn both had some dry patches on their temples when they were little and a little hydrocortizone 1% took care of it. Our Pedi told us to try it and it worked. Olive's skin has been GREAT ever since you recommended the California baby products and the...hmmm, can't think of the name of it off the top of my head! That stuff I use on her face that you told me about. Yeah, my brain is fried today!

Sounds like you've got a fun weekend planned! Have a blast!

Unknown said...

He looks so mature all of the sudden! It is amazing how them sitting upright does that!