Sunday, June 8, 2008

My third new BABY...ELMO! :)


So I can't believe I failed to post this exciting news: I received an ELMO at school! Now, in the education world, an ELMO is one of the most coveted items b/c this thing is amazing! No, it is NOT a red puppet with a high-pitched voice; but instead, something MUCH more fantabulous: it's a document camera and a projector and it has officially replaced our overhead projectors! One can easily take a piece of paper and just place it under the camera and it will show up on the big screen in a classroom. It freakin rocks! I will mess around with it more later, but I can hook my computer into it, or my laptop, I can take pictures of things and store them in it, and then pull it up on the screen for future viewing, and I can even demo on it. Now, we were supposed to get these ELMO's way back in March. But, delays happen and sometimes I think our computer guy must take long naps in his hidden office, but, they are here and hooked up and running. It is FABULOUS and will change the way I teach in SO MANY ways. :) I can't wait to REALLY use this next year. (I have been using it a little bit this year but will get familiar with it over summer and really figure it all out!)

1 comment:

Briana said...

Very cool. No more transparencies!