Sunday, June 8, 2008

School's almost done


We have a week and a half left of school. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. My morning core class has been such a joy to have this year. There were a couple of kids who had a rocky start, but Hal and Tamara have really come around. This was the class that really had a tough time with me being gone while I was out on maternity leave. They just could not handle it. I think it's because we have all bonded so well as a little family this year. I love those kids! I will be really sad to see them go. My Honors class this year was interesting. I have mixed feelings about that class. Some of the kids I will miss dearly. But others, I will be glad to see them move on to high school. This class was a very chatty class and many were not very hard workers. There were a couple that moved in a semester and should NOT have come into the class. I was forced to take them against my will. (I have recently found out that our contract protects us and allows us to turn down students esp. if he or she is not working up to standard. So, that is good to know for the future.)

Mary and I got pedicures yesterday after she got off of work. It was a nice, relaxing hour and a half without the kids. Dj watched them so that was nice. I think it was the first time he's been home w/ both of them alone. :) We were walking around the mall waiting to get our toes done/our appt. to begin and there are so many cute clothes out there...I am LOVING the plaid shorts I'm seeing everywhere. I told Mary that before she worked there, we didn't go to the mall that much and now I know why.....it's too hard NOT to buy something!

1 comment:

Briana said...

High gas prices have kept me from the mall for months! I have three to choose from-one to the East, one to the Southwest and one to the Southeast and they are each atleast an hour from me. UGH! Probably helping my credit card though. I did manage to convince Kevin I needed to drive to the Carter's outlet about 25 minutes from here on Friday. Got a ton of great deals and super cute clothes for Miss Olive.