Thursday, June 12, 2008

Three Babies


here's a pic I took the other night of all three of them lined up. The baby in pink is one of Brynna's favorite babies that she received for Xmas this past year from my parents. That baby gets burped, gets to swing, sits in the Papasan chair, gets pushed around in her stroller and in the shopping cart, gets wrapped up in a blankie, and gets a bottle. Brynna is quite the mommy to her! :)

Today was the first day of yearbook distribution. 8th graders received theirs first and 7th graders get theirs tomorrow. So far, it's been pretty low key. Tomorrow there are a LOT of sevies who bought books, so hopefully we can get through all of them before first period is over. I need to work on the slide show this weekend that's going to be shown next week 3 times....once after 8th grade retreat, once at the 8th grade graduation ceremony, and again on last day of school. Lots going on these next few days. Tomorrow is the soccer game (staff vs. students) and I don't want to play in it at all. I dislike soccer b/c I'm not good at it and I don't know all the rules. I always play in the basketball and volleyball matches vs. the kids, but I despise the damn soccer game. I might accidentally forget my clothes tomorrow.

My students have been pretty good considering it's the end of the year. They are really hanging in there. They all finished their work today. In Honors after we watched a movie about the struggles during the CIvil Rights Movement, we played the Dictionary Game, which is a lot like Balderdash. They LOVED IT! Tomorrow we're having a party and playing more of the game! I am going to order a couple of pizzas b/c they are $3.99 each at Dominos right now for a large. Talk about a steal! It reminds me of good old college days when we'd order one at 1:30 in the morning after a full night of drinking. Ahhhh those were the days! LOL

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I found the plastic covers at Babies R Us in all sizes but the underwear I've seen everywhere is still way too big. If I see any I'll let you know!

Briana said...

Oh I so miss getting 3 pizzas at Dominoes for like $10 in college! Of course we live in a college town now (Keene State College) so we have great deals like that too still.

I used to lvoe the last couple weeks of school. Hope your students are not too off the wall! Logan is really coming out of his skin, he's so excited and told me this morning on the way to the bus stop that when he gets off the bus next Friday he'll be a 1st grader! YIKES!

Briana said...

FYI I found that padded training underwear at Walmart for Logan when he was training. (Still have them and if they were not blue with cars all over them, I'd send them your way as we never used them.) I found that Lgoan thought they were just like diapers. We just had to jump in with both feet and put him into underwear (so he would feel them if they were wet.) I know it's a scary thought, having them pee everywhere! Logan had 9 accidents the first day (including one where he lifted his leg onto one of our speakers!) but after that it was fine. Quinn only had 1 accident on the first day. I was told (and it seems to have been true) that if you can get past day 3 which is usually the worst) it'll be smooth sailing from there. But we had to go cold turkey for it to work.

Briana said...

(Yes, another comment, sorry-not known for being brief)The underwear at Walmart is really tiny, so it was perfect for my skinny minny Logan.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I miss Home Team Pizza!!!

Erin said...

Katie... I think Home Team closed my last year in Ames. I miss gyro man.

Do they have little underwear at gymboree???

April said...

WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING THAT BOY!?!?! He's HUGE!