Friday, June 13, 2008

craziness




Craziness has entered my life lately in numerous ways:

1. It begins with the gas prices. Yesterday I paid $54.00 to fill up my Jetta. It used to cost me 30. Gas is up to $4.29 a gallon here. I find it completely insane and unfair. Someone in charge needs to figure out how to regulate these prices, or find additional fuel alternatives that we can access because seriously, it's ridiculous. I wouldn't mind it so much if we had a dependable mass-transit system in place, but we do not, and most places in the U.S. don't have the luxury of a subway system or a fast train like Europe does. If gas continues to rise, we'll see more and more people riding Vespa's or driving SmartCars, won't we? (haha just like in Italy and France). I am looking forward to school ending for the summer so I don't have to drive anywhere if I don't want to.

2. Work/School is nutso right now. The kids are coming to my room for their yearbooks at all hours of the day. I had 2 boys demand that I give them their books during 5th period today and I said No I was busy. They pleaded and said, "why not?" and finally I told them they needed to come after school to pick them up. Unhappy, they left, but I was really busy with my own class. Yesterday and Today during 1st was 8 and 7 grade yrbk distribution. If kids don't come up during that time to pick up, then I have to cross reference the yrbk list with the fine list and then try to get the rest of the books delivered. This should settle down next week when I hand it over to the bookkeeper.

3. Slideshow...I have to put one together for the 8th grade retreat, graduation, and last day of school. I haven't even started.

4. I have a stack of papers to grade. Grades are due next week for quarter and semester. I want to get them in by Wednesday.

5. My classroom needs some major organizing b/f I leave for the year....I like to organize my posters, etc. in a certain way. Right now they are in a huge pile on top of my closet. yikes. My bulletin boards need to come down. I need to take home some computers for the summer.

6. The flooding in Iowa. enough said.

7. Copies. I have to make 150 copies to go in our school newspaper (last edition) on Monday.

8. Tuesday day is 8th grade retreat. We're gone all day to the lake. Tuesday night is our very first 8th grade promotion/graduation ceremony. Why our school is doing this? I'm not sure. I don't think it's a HUGE deal to make it out of 8th grade...but, I'll go with the flow.

9. Our schedule for next year: is totally frakked up. Our 8th grade classes got split up..now we are going to be teaching a bunch of singleton classes, which we said we DIDN"T WANT. yet, that's what the schedule looks like right now. They even broke up our honors cores. Yikes. We're having another meeting w/ the principal about it next week. I met w/ him once and nothing came from it. Then, another woman in our department drafted a letter explaining our frustrations AGAIN and referenced the contract. Now, all of a sudden, the schedule isn't set it stone. Let's hope we can get it changed.

10. Brynn has stopped going potty on the potty chair. She'll sit on it, but won't pee. Regression has set in.

11. Monday I have EHS graduation after school. Where the HELL will I find a parking spot?

12. Wednesday is check-out, end-of-the year party, AND Mariners game that night.

13. Thursday is Baylen's Dr. appt., then to the zoo.

I think I need a vacation.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You definately get my vote for the Super Woman of the Week award!

Unknown said...

Oh and I'm not thrilled about the rising gas prices either... but if they stay low what incentive does the U.S. EVER have to make more public forms of transportation (and preferrably environmentally friendly ones) more accessible?

Briana said...

Yup, you need a vacation...a summer-long one!