Sunday, June 1, 2008

When stickers attack




Last weekend, I was spending a little time scrapbooking while Brynn was playing with Baylen next to me on the floor. She asked to play with her stickers, so I was handing her some stickers to stick into her coloring book. Pretty soon, I noticed that Elmo had stickers stuck all over him, Brynn has stickers all over her face, and she even put some on Baylen's face. Of course, Mommy had to get in on the action, but I'll save you from seeing that pic b/c I have no makeup on and it's a close-up!

Baylen has been sleeping better at night. He generally wakes around 4-4:30 a.m. and will go down at night around 10. We went to Toys R Us on Saturday and he wanted to be carried around the entire time. Dj, Mary and I had to take turns carrying him b/c he was so heavy! All of a sudden he seems really huge and heavy. How did that happen?

On the potty front: Brynn peed in the potty 2x yesterday and 1x today. Friday, Susan, the daycare director, said she would be putting Brynn in the potty training room for 2-3 hours a day starting tomorrow, just to try it out and see how she does. She also made the comment to me how bright Brynna is and how she can sing the words to several songs. (she can sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," "SpiderMan," "Row Row Row Your Boat" and "The Wheels on the Bus"). She added that she is the only 20-month old she knows who can do that. As a teacher, I have always praised students of mine who are brilliant and I never knew how parents really took the news or my statements. And now, when I hear it about my own daughter, I just beam with pride. Of course, for a long time, we have been working with her at home and we know repetition really does make a difference. I think baby sign language has played an important role in her language development as well. (I have read a couple of studies on this in magazines linking consistent baby signing w/ your child at home to successful/early oral language skills).

Dj bought our plane tickets home for Iowa. Mary, Baylen, Brynna and I will be going home on July 4. The kids and I will stay until July 30. Dj is coming on July 22-July 30. I am looking forward to going back! We are trying to schedule Bay's baptism for July 26, which is the same day as my g'ma Ruth's 80th b-day party at our house. I hope it can all work out.

2 comments:

Briana said...

Great job Brynna on the potty training! She sounds like she's going to do great at it! I heard girls are easier to train than boys, I hope that is true since I've only got a girl left to train!

Have fun back in IA!

April said...

Yay for potty! I know how you feel with the great compliments you get for Brynna, it isn't quite the same, but I feel so proud when the dogsitter, the vet and random people compliment our puppy. I didn't have anything to do with his genetics, but I'm working on him being a responsible member of the family and he's doing fantastic!

The stickers make me laugh. She's just getting a start on accessorizing!