Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Baylen and Baylen meet for the first time

      Baylen in 8th grade (above and below)

Baylen and Baylen meet for first time!


A lot of people have been asking me where we found or heard the name Baylen.  My second year of teaching, I was very fortunate to have a very special student in my 5th period class named Baylen.  He was a great kid--very polite, funny, and a good boy.  He was also a momma's boy, and raised to treat everyone with kindness and respect.  Everyone loved Baylen because he was such a good kid.  Over the years, Baylen and I have kept in touch...he'll stop by and say hi or we'll see each out out on the track by the high school, etc.  Anyway, I always loved his name and I always thought it would be a cool name to add to my list of baby names in case I ever had a son.  When Dj and I were talking about baby names a long time ago and I told him how much I liked that name, he was not fond of it.  However, after we found out we were pregnant again with our second baby and we found out it was a boy, we kind of decided we liked sticking with a "B" name theme.  So, I brought out the name Baylen once again and Dj all of a sudden decided he really liked the way it sounded with our middle name for the baby, Blake.  (Blake is Dj's middle name and it is also his grandma's maiden name)  Also, we liked the way it sounded next to Brynna's name.  So on the evening of the Parade of Nations performance, the big Baylen stopped by to say hi and meet the new Baylen.  He was so proud to have a namesake...and of course, I had to get their photo together.  So, big Baylen is now 19 years old...he has come a long way since 8th grade!  I posted a couple of pictures of him that I found in my yearbook archives from school when he was in 8th grade and then the newest pic of him and my little guy.  

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

That's pretty cool. I bet the big Baylen is proud!

BTW, you've been tagged - see my blog

Briana said...

I bet Big Baylen is so very touched!