Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The check-up and lots of bargains!





Baylen had his 6 week check-up today at the Dr. He weighed in at 11 lbs., 14.5 oz, which puts him in the 50-75% for weight for his age. I thought for sure it would put him up in the 90% range, but not so much. He is 22.5 inches long and in the 50-75% for height, so he's doing really well. Dr. said he looks good and looks like he enjoys eating! :) The sad part about today's visit: he had to get several shots and the roto-virus vaccine by mouth. He was NOT a happy camper and I hate when my kids have to get shots. Of course, Brynna thought she was going to see the Dr. and get shots/checked out and SHE started freaking out too. Once she figured out it was only Baylen, she was totally fine...haha

I called Brynn's daycare this morning and told them she'd be staying home w/ me today. I thought it would be nice to spend some time with her since I'll be returning to work on Monday and she is a great shopper. Mary and I went up to the outlet mall near our house...I like to go up there at least once a month to see what kind of bargains I can find, especially in the baby stores. All of them were having huge sales, especially The Children's Place...no kidding, I found stuff for $1.99! It's just crazy! They have a BUNCH of racks for both genders just full of stuff on super sale PLUS an extra 50% off. That's my kind of shopping! My sister checked the Children's Place in our mall down where she works and they are having the SAME sale, so for all you moms out there, go check it out. They have great deals! MOMS OF GIRLS: if you love jeans, another reason you might want to go check out Children's Place. I love the glitter jeans they have there...they are on sale for $5.59!!!! I have them in a bunch of sizes for Brynn for awhile b/c they were so cheap and they look so cute and in a way, a little bit throwback...you know, 70's style, which I LOVE.

Other bargains we found today: Nautica Kids was having 60% off, which is pretty good for them, Carter's had a bunch of summer stuff for $5 (shorts and t-shirts), and Gap had lots of stuff on sale in the baby dept. including 50% off pajamas, which I love their pj's b/c they last much longer than almost all other brands. So we did well today. I also found a cute polo shirt for our nephew/godson, Parker for $2.99....that's insane!

Speaking of deals, Dj and I also found a TON of great stuff at Gymboree in our mall last weekend--50% off or more and we found stuff for like $5.99 for Baylen...a LOT of stuff, actually in bigger sizes--things he will hopefully be in by the fall or winter of next year. Too good of bargains to pass up!

I realized after reading this, I sound like I have no life....or at least it sounds like I only shop for my kids...but I guess that's what happens when you become a mom..it's so much fun looking for new clothes for them. I just love it. Yes, it's a dangerous addiction.

5 comments:

Briana said...

Yeah, shopping for kids clothes is sometimes grounds for divorce in our house! :) HA! Just kidding. I LOVE shopping for their clothes and really like to buy things on sale for the next year. I always have stuff in their closets with tags on it for the following year in the next size up. It's hard to buy all that stuff (for 3 kids) all at once so if I do a little at a time it's much better.

Poor Baylen and all those shots! Olive had all of those at her 6 month appointment too. That roto-virus was a new one for us, neither of the boys had received it. Olive loved the taste of it.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

No kidding. I only buy for Tyler these days. You found great deals; they think everyone here has a ton of disposable income so the sales aren't as great

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Oh yeah, you're lucky. Tyler was never offered the rotovirus shot thing so by the time we thought he had rotovirus (he didn't), it was too late

Sarah said...

Brynn never got the rotovirus vaccine either.

Megan said...

I'm right there with you! I keep saying that Lydia doesn't need anymore clothes, yet I keep buying! It is hard to pass up the bargains! It's bad when the daycare provider comments that in over 3 weeks, she has not seen the same outfit twice! Yikes!