Monday, April 7, 2008

Finally a Good night..and then an eruption




















Last night Baylen had a great night of sleeping.  He started wanting to nurse around 8 p.m., and then got hungry again around 9:30.  I had Dj give him a bottle of bm (2 oz.) around that time and he was pretty sleepy.  We went upstairs and by the time we got up there, he was awake already and I was sure he was going to be up for awhile.  I ended up nursing him one more time around 10:30 and he was out for the count by 11.  He didn't wake up again until about 3:30 a.m.!  I was sooooo shocked, but pleased at the same time.  This is a boy who was eating on the dot every hour and a half or two hours even at night.  I think we'll try this little system again this evening and see what happens.  I'm hoping for the best.  :0  

The only thing that was disturbing about the longer sleep times was that my boobs felt like they were about ready to explode by 3:30 a.m.  It's funny how your body adjusts to feeding an infant, say every hour or two, and then when it doesn't happen for 4 hours straight, how it reacts so quickly.  I'm glad my boobs didn't literally explode but they were burning pretty badly.  Around 9:30, when Bay was having his second breakfast since 7 a.m., he ate fine but about 10 minutes after he was done, he had a HUGE projectile spit-up session.  I swear, it was like a volcano--it just kept coming out.  This has happened once before with him, except that was about 2 weeks ago and he was laying in the papsan chair when I saw spit-up fly across the floor and hit my nightstand.  Now this is a baby who is very "spitty" in my opinion.  The kid can spit up massive amounts even a half hour later after eating (and even after being thoroughly burped), so I immediately thought maybe he has some sort of acid reflux thing going on.  However, this projectile thing doesn't happen all the time...so maybe he doesn't.  Then I got to thinking that perhaps I was so "full" of milk that when he was eating, he was sucking in too much at once and his little tummy couldn't handle such a big amount so quickly, and that caused the projectile spitting.  I'll have to keep an eye on him and monitor this more closely.       Needless to say, after the 2nd thought crossed my mind, I pumped as soon as I got the chance after showering this a.m. around 10:30. 

Tonight my mom and my sister, Mary will be arriving.  I can't tell you how ecstatic I am that they are finally here.  It will be nice to have some extra help around and even an extra set of hands to pass a baby off to.  My mom is here until Saturday and my sister is staying with us until at least July.  She is going to be taking care of Baylen for us during the day when I return to work in early May.  I am thankful that she is willing and able to do this and taking time out of her social schedule to help us out.  It will be fun to have her here with us.

Brynn's regression has seemed to have dissipated...at least for now anyway and I am also thankful for that.  The last few days, she has been back to her sweet, happy little self.  It's been so wonderful to have that Brynna back!  I hope she sticks around!

4 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

That second picture is priceless. I doubt she made him cry but that look and her stance make it look like she made him cry :)

Briana said...

Yeah, I'm thinking he ate too much, too fast as well. Hopefully that's it and he doesn't have reflux.

How great that your sister is going to watch him for you! I need a sister, I'm dreading returning to work next week. Since I work from home it'd be great to keep Olive here with me but I can't without someone else around too.

Samantha said...

I completly know what you mean. I get so frustrated when he takes a feeding and then spits it all up because I think, "that was a half hour of work down the tubes". I agree with Briana, am sure he just ate too much too fast.

Unknown said...

Yay for a long stretch of sleep, hope he keeps it up!