Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Are you kidding ME?

So I get a call from my VP today that he is going to have a "talk" with my sub and ask him if it's worth it if he stays. I guess he sent out 7 kids today and 4 kids yesterday from class. Today he (sub) emailed me and told me it was the worst day ever with the class and he wasn't sure if it was worth anymore. I am like...GREAT. And, as I've mentioned before, he emailed me like EVERY DAY he was there telling me how bad they were. Crimeny...if Mr. R. decides to leave, then the kids are really suffering the most here b/c then they have to deal with another new sub for 7 more days.

So these are my options in my mind: either...go in and tell a NEW sub all of the info and make new lesson plans for a week. This could take a LOT of my personal time that I don't have right now b/c of all the shit I've got going w/ yearbook, college class, and of course, home/kids OR go into work one week early. (technically I've been off for 6 weeks already and next week would have been #7..and, I'm not getting paid to be off right now.

shit...I don't know what to do. I don't really want the kids to have a new sub NOW b/c it's CBA time and unless you know what the process for this HUGE project is, a person coming in can't teach it effectively. I don't want to go into work to make new lesson plans for someone else. I don't want my co-workers/teachers to have to cover my classes for me b/c it sucks to lose your planning time. And the biggest issue: I don't want to go into work one week early and leave my baby. CRAP this SUCKS! I will talk with Dj about it tonight.

Maybe I could just go and teach my morning classes b/c they are so out of control with anyone else. I saw a bunch of them yesterday and they were like.."Mrs Fitz...when are you coming back? We need youuuuuuu!" I guess they miss their momma! LOL

Another problem I just thought of: Baylen has a Dr. Appt. next week in the a.m. on Thurs. and on Fri. I have a Dr. appt. (6 week)

hmmmmmm what to do? what to do?

4 comments:

April said...

First thing to do - punch your sub in the throat for being such a wuss. Seriously, they're middle schoolers and he has to deal with them for two months? What did he think a degree in education was all about?!

Second - I don't know! I value my sleep SO MUCH I can't even imagine not getting any. You're a hero. They're such cuties you can't hold it against them!

Unknown said...

I don't even know what to say, I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this crap when you're suppose to be enjoying your last few days alone w/ your babies. It almost sounds easier to go back early... but I would be selfish and refuse. I'll pray that you guys can work something out!

Briana said...

I certainly does sound easier to just go back early, but when you haven't mentally prepared yourself to go back at that time, it's rough on a new Mommy! I hope you figure out what is right for everyone involved. But put your family first!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I'm with Crystal. I'd be selfish too and would just ignore the emails/phone calls, but I understand as a teacher what it's like. Poor You!