Wednesday, April 23, 2008

a better night last night

thanks for all of your kind comments, everyone. last night, I gave Baylen a bottle of 3 oz. around 10 p.m. He wanted more, so I gave him a little more on the breast and he was out like a light. I laid him in bed and he slept until 3 a.m. Thank the LORD! I needed sleep so badly last night. I was hurting by about 8 last night b/c the night b/f had been pretty brutal. I am hoping for another good night tonight. We're going for bottle of bm #2 tonight the next time he gets hungry. I'm going to try and keep him up here for a few more minutes if possible.

I think the prayers are helping too! Thanks, everyone! Sometimes as a mom, I just have those days where I feel like nothing is going right. It's amazing what a night of good sleep can do for a person. I feel like a million bucks today...well, that was until I heard that my sub quit on me. cripes! Velo is right: I need to punch him in the throat. LOL He needs to grow a pair and handle those kids. They aren't a bad group AT ALL! I guess at one point he became so desperate that he brought in his guitar and started singing to the kids. They did NOT love that at all. Oh well..he's gone now so I can't do anything about it except move on.

Baylen did sleep on his back better last night too. I didn't think the meds were working very well b/c yesterday Bay. was spitting up puddles again. But today, he's better and just having small, minor episodes. I guess it's only been about 5 days on the meds so we'll keep an eye on it. I really hope the meds work. That would be so great.

2 comments:

Briana said...

So the sub left? What's going to happen now?

Glad to hear that Baylen slept a little better last night! That's encouraging. Sometimes they are just more satisfied with a bottle. Heck, I had to give Olvie one last night because she had already exhausted her "other two options" and was still hungry. Growth spurt perhaps?

Samantha said...

I am with you on the sleep thing. I am glad he slept better for you. Henry has been going through something, I don't think it's a growth spurt, but he wants to "snack" so I am back to starving my child (giving a pacifier) until it is time to eat. Soooo frustrating! I will send good thoughts your way that he continues to sleep well! :)