Thursday, April 24, 2008

still thinking about it







So I had these big plans to spend time with Baylen all next week, maybe go out to lunch with husband a couple times, and enjoy the last few days with Porkchop. Oh, and while he was napping, I was going to scrapbook like mad. But if I go back to work, that won't happen. Yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself right now.

I have not responded yet to my subj's email. I am thinking about exactly what I want to say to him. He said he "lost" my phone number, but you know what? I don't even want to talk to him on the phone. What else can he possibly say to me? Because of his irresponsible decision to leave early, he has forced me into a corner. He has forced me, in a way, to return to work a week b/f I was supposed to and has left my students out in the cold. I feel bad for them too. Oh, and he blamed all of this on THEM. He said it was "their fault and they couldn't handle it." Hmmmmm I am not so sure about that piece of information.

If I do return next week, or the week after, I'll need some baby fixes. Maybe husband and sister can bring baby in during their lunch hour?????

Pros of going back:
-I get out at 2:40 so as soon as school is out, I could drive home and still have a lot of time w/ baby and Brynnie
-I could get my kids back in line and back on track...they are far behind and we have a big project night that they have to present at at the end of the month
-I can get the rest of my 5th period to pay for their field trip and go on the trip no problems
-I can get my 5/6 ready for their theatre work they'll be doing the week of May 5
-I can get the letters ready to be sent out for CBA Night in 4 languages next week
-I can call my GS class's parents and schedule their student-led conferences
-I can wrap up last-minute yearbook stuff
-I can clean my room and get it back to the way it was
-I'll be really busy and distracted
-I'll get paid an extra week
-My sister will be w/ Baylen--he's not going to daycare until the fall
-Summer vacay will be here b/f we know it

Cons of going back
-i have to leave my baby
-i have to leave my baby (oh wait, I already said that one)
-I'll be cranky and no one will want to be around that
-I'll be tired
-I'll probably cry
-I'll have to pump at work during my lunch and risk the janitor walking in on me again. YIKES ON A BIKE

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not even gonna give any opinions on this one... it's a tough choice either way. I'll just pray for you and your family that you can find the best solution for everyone involved!

Oh, and if you want me to go kung fu on that sub for ya I'll do it! I can be vicious... just ask Yin!

Briana said...

I feel for you, I really do. I COMPLETELY understand how it feels to leave your baby, especially when you were expecting another week with him! Just hoping you come to a decision that will rest easily in your heart.

(And either way, you'll probably cry! It's so hard leaving your baby for the first time.)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I'm with everyone else....you're in a tough spot. It has to help a little knowing he'll be with your sister - and not at daycare!