Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Parade of Nations



Last week, Brynna experienced her very first performance on stage.  She was part of our school's annual Parade of Nations, which is a cultural talent show and fashion show.  This show is so hard to describe unless you have seen it in person or been a part of it.  It is so amazing and every year, it just gets more unbelievable.  Anyway, usually, I am a part of the fashion show.  My friend who organizes and plans the entire production always talks me into representing some country and she always provides me with an outfit to wear, so it's been pretty fun.  In the past, I have been from India and Mexico...pretty believable, right?   haha   Well this year, b/c of being pregnant/just having a baby, I was not going to be a part of the show.  Bobbie asked me of Brynn was going to be in the fashion show this year and if she wanted to wear a Chinese dress and share part of her culture.  (Brynna is a quarter Chinese and a quarter Thai)  Of course, we couldn't turn it down!   Bobbie's granddaughter wore this same dress a couple of years ago, so she already had the dress on hand and delivered it to me in class one day.  

As the show became closer, I was a bit nervous how she would do on stage...would she be fine or would she freak out and start crying?  We went to the dress rehearsal the day before, but we had to leave early b/c Bee had a Dr. appt. and we never did get to practice on stage.   I found out later that night (after calling Bobbie) that we had to walk up to the microphone and introduce ourselves, then give a little explanation about her dress, what it was called and what country she represented.  Brynna did great for both the morning and evening performances!  She walked up with me, holding my hand and stood there just fine as I talked into the mic.  At the evening performance, she even waved b/c she saw her daddy in the audience waving at her.  The audience was eating her up! :)  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! PLEASE tell me you have video of that?!

Briana said...

How cute!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

How cute!!

Sarah said...

yes I have video...well I can get the video!