Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lots going on





Well, there has been a lot going on the past couple of days. Brynna must be coming down with some sort of bug because her teachers told me today when I picked her up that she didn't eat her lunch today (rare for her--she's a good eater), she was asking for "mommy, mommy" all day and she had two diapers of diarrhea. They took her temperature and it was 99.8, so not a fever, but I can tell she's not feeling her best...poor thing :( I am keeping her home tomorrow and was planning to keep her home on Friday anyway b/c Dj is taking the day off, so we thought we could spend some time together. I hope she starts feeling better and doesn't pass whatever she has on to the rest of us.

Brynna has been adjusting really well to Baylen, so we're glad about that. She wants to help out all the time now and wants to hold him quite often. She is a really great big sister! She copies a lot of the ways we take care of Baylen with her own baby dolls. I bought her a little doll stroller at Target the other day and she loves pushing her babies around in that thing. IT's cute! She puts her babies in Baylen's swing, she feeds them, gives them a pacifier, feeds them bottles, and burps them. she even lays them on the floor and tells me "shh, mommy, baby sleeping!" It is so cute! She even copies mommy "pummping" as you'll see a picture of that I put at the top of this blog. She would kill me if she was older and saw that I posted this pic. Oh well! hahaha

Baylen slept pretty well last night but was up from 4-5 a.m. spitting up. Poor kid...he spits up A LOT. I know that some babies have this issue, and he definitely is one of them. Even when he is burped well, he still spits up. This morning, he went through 3 sleepers and 3 burp cloths because of all the puddles of spit up coming out of his little mouth. Yuck! I hope he grows out of it. He has a Dr. appt. on the 30th of April, so I am going to ask him if that is normal or what we can do to keep his milk INSIDE his tummy. I decided that maybe he was getting too much all at once when he was nursing, so I let him eat for like 3-5 minutes and then I take him off and burp him. Then I let him eat for a few more minutes and burp him again. He burps and still spits up, but the amount of spit up seems to be much less when I do it. We'll see if it continues to work or not.

Oh and speaking of Mr. Porkchop, he turned one month old on Sunday. Technically he was 4 weeks old last THursday, but I also count him being one month from March 13-April 13. So I copied Erin's photo idea and took his pic. Love it! :0

My sister has been here since my mom arrived last week and she has a job already! She is working for Hallmark. All of the places she applied to have called her back and wanted an interview. She took the job with Hallmark quickly because she knew it would be a good place for her not to spend her paycheck! I think it will be pretty easy job and a good way for her to make some money. She is working nights and weekends and is considered part-time. We are so glad that she decided to put her social and personal life on hold to come out and help us. She is a big help and we are so grateful that she is here. It's so nice to have a third person to help around the house with the babes!

5 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Do they think maybe he has acid reflux? One of our friend's twins had that and it started right after he was born. They ended up having to put him on really expensive formula.

As always, your pics are great. I see Baylen and Brynn already look alike :)

Sarah said...

ha gosh I am wondering if he does. if it continues over weekend, i'm calling dr. on monday. i am trying to wait it out to see if he has the same little bug brynn has from daycare or if he really is just spitting up all the time. i'm doing laundry 24/7 b/c of it!

Megan said...

I wonder if something you are eating is bothering him? My manager told me once that she had issues w/ her daughter spitting a lot when she drank milk. She cut out the dairy or limited it a lot and then consequently when she nursed her daughter, there was not as much spitup. Just an idea.

Briana said...

I haeva picture of Logan using that piece of my pump too! He'll kill me when he's older and sees it!

Poor Baylen, sould like reflux to me too.

Anonymous said...

That picture with Brynn and the pump is hilarious. I'm sure she'll love that when she's older. Love the pics.