Sunday, April 6, 2008

goodbye, farewell...


I packed my maternity clothes away today.    Three weeks later, I am so fortunate to have "parts" of my "former body" back in order, although some other parts need some major toning.  Taking about 7 months off from any kind of major exercise was probably not the best idea.  Oh well.  It took me months to get back what I considered a sensible size after Brynna was born.  In fact, I was almost back to my pre-preggo weight this summer and then I found out I was pregnant again. I gained nearly 40 pounds when I was pregnant with her, and for good reason, as I ate about every sweet thing known to man for 6 months straight.  I was lucky to only have gained that 37.   Baylen was a different story...I only gained 16 with him, which is way below normal, so I was lucky to lose a big part of that right after he was born.  Lucky me.   When I return to work in early May, I am getting back on the treadmill at school in our fitness center and running my butt off until I can get back into ALL of my favorite jeans instead of just some of them.  In the meantime, I need to stop eating the mother-load of peanut M&M's because lately, I have been craving them like mad.  I don't know if it is b/c I am breast feeding constantly and that's my one fix, or what, but that seriously needs to stop.  Why can't I crave apples or strawberries...hell, even carrots?  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

3 weeks? It took me like 4 months after Blake (but it would have been sooner I just liked how comfy the pants were). If you keep up with the b/f and eat fairly well you will probably weigh less when you go back than you did pre-pregnancy!

Briana said...

I'm not quite there yet, been running my butt off though. I'm sure it'll come soon!